Self-paced online course in ONA/SNA

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2010

      Hello, all

      I’ve just authored on online course in Organizational/Social Network Analysis for IAI University, http://bit.ly/aPVnUA . IAI University has just been created by my colleagues at Information Architected, who are starting to build a library of courses from people in their networks with areas of expertise  complementary to theirs.

      My course comprises four modules:

      1.       Overall introduction – walks through the premise of ONA/SNA and a detailed case study

      2.       Network patterns and metrics – describes the basic structures we see in organizations and summarizes the metrics that are most common to an ONA

      3.       Software tools for Network Analysis – provides nitty gritty details about creating surveys, getting data into the proper format, and using Netdraw and UCINET to draw maps and get metrics (with demos!)

      4.       Managing and ONA project – includes notes about organizational readiness, communications, ethical questions, and overall project management

      It is based on the successful workshops that I’ve run for clients and at KMWorld and SNA conferences, with much new material.

      Please pass on the word to those in your networks who have perhaps thought about learning how to do an ONA but were a bit baffled by how to get started.  (And, please excuse the self-promotion; I hope you’ll consider this note a ‘public service’ in terms of getting the word out.)

      Best to all,

      /patti

      Patti Anklam

      Net Work: Leveraging Content, Knowledge and Networks

      Harvard, MA 01451

      +1(978)456-4175