RE: [ona-prac] Camel's Nose?

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2009

      Wouldn’t you know it?  Here’s a great blog on that subject (including IBM) from my friend Karl:

      http://www.roasterboy.com/2009/12/no-patent-for-patent-leather-shoes.html

      Happy New Year, all!

      /patti

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010

        Hi Patti –

        Good link and blog. Here are a couple more for edification.

        P1 is a good metaphor for the wholesale takeover of network analysis by frivolous and overzealous engineers and lawyers.

        P1:     http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6293874.pdf

        Also, recall P2. It’s equally egregious and nonsensical.

        P2:     http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7127440.pdf

        Anyone running a CoP or KM system better watch out… They’re patented!

        Thanks again Patti and Happy New Year to all!

        Cordially,

        John

        BTW, do you think we could patent New Year’s Best Wishes in email sent to a discussion group? Seems novel. Hmmm…