Case example of the "lost knowledge" problem

  • pattianklam
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 8:15 AM
      In our JumpStart talks, we've listed the "lost knowledge" problem as a key application for organizational network analysis.

      My brother-in-law sent me a copy of an article from Governing, a magazine for state and local government authorities. "Expert Exodus," is a case study of the Virginia Department of Transportation's knowledge management program. Maureen Hammer,head of KM for the VA-DOT used social network analysis in her work to understand the implications of the retiring "baby boomer" workforce. For those interested in this business application, it's a good read. I found it online as well:

      Expert Exodus:  As baby boomers retire, governments are trying to keep knowledge and experience from going out the door with them.