Re: [ona-prac] ONA Surveys

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2008
      Surveymonkey does not know how to do network/relationship surveys...
      unless they have something new lately. If you use them you have a
      LOT of "post-processing" to do.

      I recommend Optimice or Network Genie or creating an Excel based
      survey that grabs the data the respondent enters and formats it in the
      format your SNA/ONA software requires.

      As a consultant/analyst you will need to check over EACH returned
      survey to make sure it was properly completed, so don't think a web
      survey is a simple push button affair. The web/excel based survey
      software will work, but that does not mean each respondent knew what
      they were doing when completing the survey. You don't want a data
      entry/confusion issue popping up when you have a room full of
      executives paying rapt attention to your analysis.

      Valdis Krebs
      http://www.orgnet.com