RE: [ona-prac] ONA Surveys

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2008

      Hi, Faith,

      I’m checking with Bruce to see if he’ll re-share his template.

      Meanwhile, look at http://www.onasurveys.com/ for survey software designed especially for ONA.

      /patti

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2008
        Surveymonkey does not know how to do network/relationship surveys...
        unless they have something new lately. If you use them you have a
        LOT of "post-processing" to do.

        I recommend Optimice or Network Genie or creating an Excel based
        survey that grabs the data the respondent enters and formats it in the
        format your SNA/ONA software requires.

        As a consultant/analyst you will need to check over EACH returned
        survey to make sure it was properly completed, so don't think a web
        survey is a simple push button affair. The web/excel based survey
        software will work, but that does not mean each respondent knew what
        they were doing when completing the survey. You don't want a data
        entry/confusion issue popping up when you have a room full of
        executives paying rapt attention to your analysis.

        Valdis Krebs
        http://www.orgnet.com