Introduction new member

  • Jan-Kees Buenen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2008

      Thanks to Patti for allowing me to enter your group.

      With my early stage company we are offering ONA and Dynamic NA to the fingertips of people and organizations. Look us up at www.centerconsult.net

      My question follows after my introduction .

      Introduction:

       We use electronic communication as a proxy, knowing full well that certain parameters of classical SNA, like affinity, are not available. However the largely automated process makes for a highly dynamical analysis, which provides other values.  We offer this not only for aggregate organizational communications but also for individual topics as extracted from the header and/or body of the text.

      The semantic analysis capability does make people weary of privacy issues, which is quite rightly. Through a formal ethical code of conduct that we sign together with the client’s management and then publish for everyone to see, we manage to largely take away suspicions. Summary of our ethical code reads:

      "Together we are analyzing our functioning as a group and sub-group formation. All the data generated is about interaction between us as actors. There is no knowing about any individual actor in isolation. Therefore we declare that no findings from our work can or will ever be used as the sole basis for any disciplinary action aimed at an individual of our organizational family. "

      Initial interest from our clients focuses around their on-boarding process. We offer a program that tracks the build up of the new recruit’s initial network expansions.  For the individual to use actively in finding their way around the organization (faster) and for management to review his/her progress and have an informed conversation with the new colleague.

      Currently we are generating network diagrams faster than ever but we also stumble on new questions when trying to interpret and give meaning. We see the actors’ SNA attributes/roles changing depending on the topic line for which we generate the analysis. Central in one, broker in the other and peripheral for the next topic line. And on any one given day you can go through each one of these.  Recognizing emerging CoPs, sub-groups and expertise networks becomes easier we find.

      Question:

      Does anyone know what progress there is in Accenture on a similar automated SNA? Just the other day I found a late 2006 movie-clip from them suggesting they are working to develop something similar. However I could not find anything more recent.

      Regards

      Jan-Kees Buenen