Re: Gaming an SNA (cross-posted)

  • Tim Keller
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2008
      --- In ona-prac@yahoogroups.com, "Patti Anklam" <patti@...> wrote:

      > There was an interesting conversation on the actkm list last week
      > about "gaming an SNA." I thought it would be of interest to this
      > group (those who do not already participate in actkm). Here are
      > the messages as I have best unraveled them. Note the reference to
      > the excellent paper by Borgatti and Molina.

      Why does everybody assume the goal of gaming an SNA audit has to be to
      increase their apparent centrality? What if an individual wants to
      -decrease- it? I can think of several reasons why someone would
      want to do that instead.

      Tim -- proveryay, na doveryay
    • Cory Banks
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 13, 2008
        Tim,

        The original question I posted was about the influence one person could have on the results.

        There was no assumption as to the goal they were trying to achieve (be more or less "networked").

        It is interesting how some of the responses did assume the intent would be to be more networked.

        Thanks

        Cory

        --
        Thanks