feedback sought for new ona visualisation & analysis tool

  • Charles Armstrong
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2008
      hallo everyone

      as i mentioned in january, we've just taken the wraps off metascope, a
      new tool for visualising and analysing networks of up to 10,000 nodes
      based on survey data or email. through the development process we've
      been working with a small group of practitioners to try and make the
      workflow as smooth as possible. now we'd like to get feedback from as
      many people in the community as possible to identify where we need to
      make changes and what additional functionality should be in the next
      release.

      if you want to try it out we've pre-populated a version with network
      data extracted from 200,000 enron internal emails, and made it
      available for download from the links below:

      details of metascope:
      - http://www.trampolinesystems.com/products/metascope/

      windows download:
      - http://code.trampolinesystems.com/metascope-demo/metascope.exe

      mac download:
      - http://code.trampolinesystems.com/metascope-demo/Metascope.dmg

      there's an faq under the help menu covering the main functions. any
      comments or suggestions you can send to peter biddle (trampoline's vp
      development) at peter@... will be hugely appreciated
      and feed into future releases.

      as an aside, the enron dataset isn't an ideal corpus for network
      analysis since the attribute data is extremely limited. however it's
      almost unique as a real corpus of real enterprise data in the public
      domain. has anyone come across a better test corpus we could use?

      thanks : charles

      chief executive // trampoline systems ltd
      2-8 victoria avenue, london EC2M 4NS
      uk cell +44 7792 456807
      usa cell +1 415 728 8656