Mashups

  • pattianklam
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2008
      Hi, all,

      I am participating in a conversation next week on Mashups and would like
      to bring networks into the conversation. Does anyone on this list have
      an example (visuals are best!) of doing mashups of ONA/SNA maps with
      other applications? Overlaying an ONA map on a world map comes to mind,
      and I'd live to have an example of that, but would also like to hear
      about any other ideas about things to mash with networks.

      cheers

      /patti anklam
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 23, 2008
        We overlay social/business networks on various real world geo maps or
        floor plans or org charts or...

        <plug> InFlow allows you to combine the two! </plug>

        Here is an example...

        http://www.orgnet.com/InFlowGIS.pdf

        Valdis

        On Jan 23, 2008, at 5:10 PM, pattianklam wrote:

        > Hi, all,
        >
        > I am participating in a conversation next week on Mashups and would
        > like
        > to bring networks into the conversation. Does anyone on this list have
        > an example (visuals are best!) of doing mashups of ONA/SNA maps with
        > other applications? Overlaying an ONA map on a world map comes to
        > mind,
        > and I'd live to have an example of that, but would also like to hear
        > about any other ideas about things to mash with networks.
        >
        > cheers
        >
        > /patti anklam
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Skip Walter
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2008
          Patti,

          I gave a presentation at a Gilbane conference in Boston in November 2007 which can be found at:

          My other panelists (Stefan Andreaasen, Kapow Technologies and David Boloker, IBM) were showing mashup tools based on web information sources and maps.  I chose to present in the context of what I think is the ultimate corporate mashup infrastructure - email.  Slide 2 shows the multiple screen version of the Attenex Patterns tool used for electronic discovery and corporate investigations.  At any one point you can have the semantic network of documents (clustered together by topic), an event network (shown as a timeline), and a social network with either people relationships or domain relationships.  All of the windows are linked so that as you select or highlight a range of documents or people or dates, the corresponding objects are highlighted in the other windows.

          Slides 11-14 show some of the windows up close to get a more detailed feel for the information displayed.

          If these are of interest, I could provide more tailored versions of the information if you would like.

          Skip Walter
          Factor, Inc.
          http://factor10x.blogspot.com/