Network diagramming tool that runs on Linux

  • Lee Romero
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
      Hi all - I have used NetDraw in the past to visualize some network
      diagrams but have recently moved to a Linux desktop. NetDraw only
      runs on Windows it seems.

      I've tried searching the archives here (I vaguely remember some
      mention of tools that run on Linux) but didn't find anything.

      I also tried a few internet searches looking for a network diagramming
      tool that will run on Linux but came up dry.

      Does anyone know of any such tools?

      Thanks for any insight!
      Lee Romero
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
        Most Java based tools should run on Linux

        Valdis

        On Jan 4, 2008, at 9:25 AM, Lee Romero wrote:

        > Hi all - I have used NetDraw in the past to visualize some network
        > diagrams but have recently moved to a Linux desktop. NetDraw only
        > runs on Windows it seems.
        >
        > I've tried searching the archives here (I vaguely remember some
        > mention of tools that run on Linux) but didn't find anything.
        >
        > I also tried a few internet searches looking for a network diagramming
        > tool that will run on Linux but came up dry.
        >
        > Does anyone know of any such tools?
        >
        > Thanks for any insight!
        > Lee Romero
      • Andre Ling
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 13, 2008
          Hello,

          Don't know if this is helpful but I found this:

          http://socnetv.sourceforge.net/index.html

          you might want to try it out. I haven't started using it yet - now downloading it to play around with :)

          Best,

          Andre

          On 04/01/2008, Valdis Krebs <valdis@...> wrote:

          Most Java based tools should run on Linux

          Valdis

          On Jan 4, 2008, at 9:25 AM, Lee Romero wrote:

          > Hi all - I have used NetDraw in the past to visualize some network
          > diagrams but have recently moved to a Linux desktop. NetDraw only
          > runs on Windows it seems.
          >
          > I've tried searching the archives here (I vaguely remember some
          > mention of tools that run on Linux) but didn't find anything.
          >
          > I also tried a few internet searches looking for a network diagramming
          > tool that will run on Linux but came up dry.
          >
          > Does anyone know of any such tools?
          >
          > Thanks for any insight!
          > Lee Romero

        • Lee Romero
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
            Thanks, Andre - I'll take a look at that!

            Lee