RE: [ona-prac] Re:Mapping/Visualization

  • Graham Durant-Law
    Message 1 of 9 , May 26, 2007
      Dear Cai

      The new version has been released and is much more powerful, and a bit more user  friendly.   I wrote a small review which is available at http://groups.google.com/group/netminer?hl=en .

      Is there any chance of getting a copy, or an upload, of your user guide?

      Regards
      Graham

      Graham Durant-Law

      Personal

      Mobile: 0408 975 795
      E-Mail: graham@...
      Web:    www.durantlaw.info

      Business

      Phone:  +61 2 6255 0122
      Fax:    +61 2 6255 0133
      Mobile: +61 408 975 795
      E-Mail: graham.durantlaw@...

      The content of this e-mail and any attachments may be privileged, in confidence or sensitive.   Any unauthorised use is expressly prohibited.   If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender, disregard, and delete the e-mail. This e-mail may be corrupted or interfered with.   No warranty is made that this e-mail and its contents are free from computer viruses or other defects.

      Message 2 of 9 , May 30, 2007
        Valdis,

        we've tried InFlow, but we came up against limitations because of the
        number of nodes we were looking at (from memory there were over 700
        nodes in the case study we were doing last year).

        Will you be looking at increasing the maximum capacity?

        Also, does anyone have experience of using Sentinel FMS - the web
        site looks nice but they don't reply to emails!

        Regards,

        Phil
        --- In ona-prac@yahoogroups.com, Valdis Krebs <valdis@...> wrote:

        > How about mapping & visualization AND metrics all in one
        interface?
        > No need to transfer data back and forth... do easy what-ifs... hide
        > node/link... re-run the metrics... see the affect immediately...
        do
        > multiple networks, directional and symmeteric, various link types,
        > various node types...
        >
        > InFlow 3.1
        >
        > http://www.orgnet.com/inflow3.html
        >
        > Valdis
        >

        > On May 25, 2007, at 1:32 PM, Nathaniel Welch wrote:
        >
        > > I like to get a list of tools that perform the same function as
        > > NetDraw (mapping and visualization). Can anyone a) suggest some
        > > alternatives and b) provide a one sentence comment on why they
        like
        > > (or don't like) it.
        > >

        > > Regards,
        > >

        > > Nat

        On
        > > Behalf Of Patti Anklam
        > > Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 8:19 AM
        > > To: ona-prac@yahoogroups.com
        > > Subject: RE: [ona-prac] Social Network Informatics
        > >

        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > David Lazer (Kennedy School of Government at Harvard) calls it
        > > "computational social science". Here's a link to a great talk he
        > > did at the
        > > Kennedy School earlier this month.
        > >
        > > http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/netgov/files/talks/docs/
        > > 05_07_07_seminar_Lazer_co
        > > mputational_social_science.pdf
        > >
        > > /patti

        Betsey?

        Message 3 of 9 , May 30, 2007
          The default size is 1000 nodes. I have run projects up to 5000 but
          the metrics get real slow. How much RAM do you have?

          Send me you *.FLO file [or CSV files] and I will see what is going on.

          This is about 3000 nodes...
          http://orgnet.com/emergent_community2.png

          Valdis