RE: [ona-prac] SNA Training

  • Laurence Lock Lee
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12 6:07 AM

      Sandy,

      We are running a 1-day workshop in Sydney on the 13th June through Mindshifts…a competitive intelligence consultancy. See our web site below for more details. We are aiming it at the practitioner, rather than the researcher/academic, but if you are a complete novice it will be a good introduction.

      If you plan to make aggressive use of SNA in your thesis i.e. modeling networks, lots of analytics then you may want to make contact with the folks at Melbourne University (Prof. Pip Patterson). She has a whole team of SNA researchers and I expect they would run training courses from time to time for their students. Gary Robins who works with Pip was awarded the Freeman award at the recent SUNBELT conference in Greece…they are well regarded internationally.

      http://www.psych.unimelb.edu.au/people/staff/PattisonP.html

      rgds

      Laurence Lock Lee

      Partner

      Optimice Pty Ltd

      Mob: 0407001628

      e-mail: llocklee@...

      www.optimice.com.au

      "learn to network, then network to learn"

      Message 2 of 6 , May 14 8:55 AM

        Laurence:

        The network comes through again! Thanks for sharing the date of the workshop and while I cannot attend, your note started me thinking about the ONAPrac network/community in Australia and how big it is.  Does anyone have a list of ONA practitioners down-under and should we invite them to be part of the 200+ members of the ONAPrac group?  I know from experience that a lot of good work is being done in KM and Communities of Practice in Australia, but I hear less of ONA. Please let me know if you think we should invite our Aussie practitioners to the group and if we should share with other members the scope and content of ONA practices.

        Regards,

        Nat Welch

        ONAPrac Co-Moderator

          e-mail: llocklee@optimice. com.au

        • nathanielwelch@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 6 , May 15 3:10 AM
            There are 8 members (including you) who have a ".au" domain name.  I suspect that there may be more Australians lurking under Gmail and other general domains.  I think it would be worthwhile to poll the Yahoo community as to location and interests.  I'll chat with the other moderators and see if we can create one.

            Message 5 of 6 , May 16 12:27 AM
              I'm one - I use the .info address.

              Regards
              Graham

              Graham Durant-Law

              Personal

              Mobile: 0408 975 795
              E-Mail: graham@...
              Web:    www.durantlaw.info

              Business

              Phone:  +61 2 6255 0122
              Fax:    +61 2 6255 0133
              Mobile: +61 408 975 795
              E-Mail: graham.durantlaw@...

              The content of this e-mail and any attachments may be privileged, in confidence or sensitive.   Any unauthorised use is expressly prohibited.   If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender, disregard, and delete the e-mail. This e-mail may be corrupted or interfered with.   No warranty is made that this e-mail and its contents are free from computer viruses or other defects.