Product from eTelemetry announced as organizational network analysis tool

  • pattianklam
    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2007

      The article  headlined below summarizes a product that will be introduced at Interop on May 20.  It does the network analysis based on email, instant messaging,  data exchange, and voice data collected passively.  Priced at $50,000 for 2,000 users.   Would love to have a discussion about this. Anyone on this list using any home-grown versions of products like this? Any experiences? How do employees respond?

      /patti

      Appliance monitors, analyzes employee behavior

      Tool from eTelemetry is designed to map employee communications to optimize business processes, spot malicious behavior.

      By Denise Dubie, NetworkWorld.com, 05/10/07

      Here is a tinyurl: http://tinyurl.com/2nhnl6

    • Bordeaux, John
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2007
        Re: [ona-prac] Product from eTelemetry announced as organizational network analysis tool

        At this year's EGov KM conference in DC, Jeanne Holm from NASA's JPL briefed us on an internal application that passively created such a network, based on a polyarchic query against several disparate data sources.  I don't believe it included voice data or IM logs.

        -- jb

        The article <http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/051007-etelemetry-metron-employee-behavior-analysis.html>   headlined below summarizes a product that will be introduced at Interop on May 20.  It does the network analysis based on email, instant messaging,  data exchange, and voice data collected passively.  Priced at $50,000 for 2,000 users.   Would love to have a discussion about this. Anyone on this list using any home-grown versions of products like this? Any experiences? How do employees respond?

        /patti

        Appliance monitors, analyzes employee behavior

        Tool from eTelemetry is designed to map employee communications to optimize business processes, spot malicious behavior.

        By Denise Dubie <http://www.networkworld.com/Home/ddubie.html> , NetworkWorld.com, 05/10/07

        Here is a tinyurl: http://tinyurl.com/2nhnl6

      • Sérgio Storch
        Message 3 of 4 , May 11, 2007
          Hello Patti and all
          Introducing myself: I am a KM consultant in Brazil. I run the Sao Paulo chapter of Brazilian Society for Knowledge Management (www.sbgc.org.br).
          Well, let me share with you a concern that grows bigger as I see the potential of such tools... for the good... and for the evil...
          I´d appreciate to learn about the thinking which is probably starting to rise about the ethical standards in the use of such tools. How to deal with the Big Brother danger, both in corporations and society as well?

          Bye
          Sergio Storch

          --
          Sérgio Storch