role of social networks crisis/emergency management

  • Nahad
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11 1:04 PM
      Hello colleagues,

      I am working on a research project exploring the "role of social
      networks crisis/emergency management." In particular, I would like to
      apply the Social/Organization Network Analysis technique at our Local
      Health Department (with our Bio-terrorism unit), and apply our
      findings to make better decisions in managing (i.e. training,
      disseminating information and simulating exercises) emergencies.

      If you have any resources you can refer me to or insight you can
      share, I'd be grateful.

      Regards,
      Nahad Sadr-Azodi
      City of Chicago
    • philrjones
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11 11:59 PM
        Nahad,

        you may find the work of Baber et al of interest:
        http://www.eee.bham.ac.uk/baberc/Documents/westtfinal.pdf

        This combines analysis of social networks propositional knowledge and
        task networks. They have done a couple of case studies looking at
        emergency services (see the example on page 6 of the paper) and have
        developed a tool, WESTT, to collect and analyse data captured in
        training exercises.

        Regards,

        Phil Jones