depicting tie strenght

  • Suresh Bhagavatula
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2007
      ONA-prac
      Hello,

      It has been quite educative for me to be on the ONA-Prac. I have leant a lot watching from the sidelines. After the first introductory mail, I guess this is my second mail to the group. While I have used ego-network analysis in my PhD research, I have just started to explore networks analysis  in groups and thanks to the material that is on the net, I am able to find my way around UCINET. However I am stumped over one issue:  using the strenght measure to depict strong or weak ties in NetDraw. I have directional data for 200 nodes. Can someone please tell me how it can be done? Other than percent strong ties (or weak ties) has anyone tried to collapse the social network of an individual into a single number that would indicate the number of weak or strong ties contained in that ego net? I would like to use that for regression analysis.

      thanks in advance

      Suresh