Resource needed, and don't want to reinvent the wheel

  • erichoffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2006
      Apologies for any dups due to cross posting...

      I am looking for a resource/application that enables community
      collaboration through the integrated use of a wiki along with email
      exchanges and archival. The mail archive should ideally be in a tree
      format (i.e. with nested replies), rather than blog type entry and
      comment format. Ideally, email entries would be taggable to link to
      corresponding topics within the wiki.

      Moodle has been suggested, and because of longer term desire to make
      interconnections between "communities" (social networking with
      personal profiling) and across topical boundaries, building something
      using Drupal has also been suggested. Before embarking on such an
      effort, and so as not to reinvent the wheel, we're hoping for some
      guidance that might lead us to a resource (or resources) that can
      already accomplish these things for us (or at least a good number of
      them) to build upon.

      Thanks in advance for any guidance or suggestions you might be able to
      provide.

      Regards,
      Eric