Países em Desenvolvimento e o Uso de Publicações Científi cas de Acesso Aberto Disponibilizadas na Internet

  • Neli Maria Mengalli
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2006
       In November 2006 we will celebrate the third edition of the ONLINE Congress of the Observatory for CyberSociety. After the editions of September 2002 and of November 2004, the OCS wants to bet for granting continuity and for trying to consolidate this activity that is already, for trajectory, prestige and capacity of call, one of the most important appointments for the academic and social reflection on the new technological society.

      The thematic direction of the congress was elaborated by the Scientific Committee throughout the last months. Under the title Open Knowledge, Free Society and with an editorial line of referent, the cybersocial will be situated again in the point of analysis. Undoubtedly this intends to continue the way initiated with the two previous congresses, wondering what is and how the society of knowledge is being built (or will be built). Thus, in November, we will advance another step in this progression and up date ourselves with the movements and most current unrests of cyber-society, wondering which is its nature and reflecting around the present and future of knowledge in this Era of Information. Is a free or open knowledge possible? Which are the bases of these approaches, which are their goals and which could be their consequences?

      This congress, more than the previous ones, appeals to the group of investigators, but most to the protagonists, the civil society, businesses and institutions, etc. The cyberspace is not a limited Place, but on the contrary, a Space in constant movement for the interrelation, the interconnection, the synergy and, why not, also for confusion.

      The OCS's III ONLINE Congress is presented as, and intends to be, a plural Space where environments of participation, rhetoric and different formats are united. A Place where all speeches can be found and where a dialogue can be established about one environment that, we firmly believe, is the most adequate to it: the cyberspace.
      Emoticons gratuitos do Halloween para seu e-mail! Clique aqui!