Transorganizational Development

  • Kathleen Marvin
    Message 1 of 6 , May 26, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm doing a paper on transorganizational development, focused on the building and maintenance of networks in alliances, with partners, and among NGOs. Can anyone refer me to any good articles/papers/urls on this subject?

      Thank you
      Kathleen Marvin

    • Seth Earley
      Message 2 of 6 , May 26, 2006

        Hi Kathleen,

        I can’t help you with your question, but poking around on your web site I could not find contact information.  Your home link also points to a different domain.  I did not see a way to send you this off list, so my apologies to the rest of the list.

        Seth

        Seth Earley
        Earley & Associates, Inc
        781-444-0287
        781-820-8080 cell
        Next taxo conference call May 31st, 2 PM EST
        "To Google or Not to Google"
        Registration and agenda at www.earley.com
        Taxonomy Community of Practice
        http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TaxoCoP
        Taxonomy Community Wiki
        http://taxocop.wikispaces.com

        Social Network Analysis Community of Practice
        http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ona-prac/

        Message 3 of 6 , May 30, 2006

          Kathleen, I highly recommend the reference below, which is excerpted from this post on my blog.

          "NGO Networks: Building Capacity in a Changing World," a truly brilliant study commissioned by USAID's Office of Private Voluntary Cooperation, which is stored in their extensive public database.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 30, 2006
            Bruce, thanks so much.

            -Kathleen
            Kathleen, I highly recommend the reference below, which is excerpted from this post on my blog.

            "NGO Networks: Building Capacity in a Changing World," a truly brilliant study commissioned by USAID's Office of Private Voluntary Cooperation, which is stored in their extensive public database.

            I'm doing a paper on transorganizational development, focused on the building and maintenance of networks in alliances, with partners, and among NGOs. Can anyone refer me to any good articles/papers/urls on this subject?

            Thank you

            Kathleen Marvin

          • pattianklam
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 15, 2006
              Hi, Kathleen,

              If you haven't encountered the GAN-net work yet, I recommend taking a look there. GAN = Global Action Network:

              "GANs are distinguished from traditional NGOs and intergovernmental and business organizations because they are formed by diverse stakeholders who are interested in a common issue, and who agree to work together to achieve extraordinary results. The critical contribution that they can provide global issues is their ability to create consensual knowledge and action among diverse stakeholders." http://gan-net.net/

              Especially the recent article by Steve Waddell, http://www.gan-net.net/pdfs/Multi-Stakeholder_Networks.pdf.  The section on the process of Developing GANs includes insights into the network structure.

              /patti

              --- In ona-prac@yahoogroups.com, "Kathleen Marvin" <kathmarv@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > I'm doing a paper on transorganizational development, focused on the building and maintenance of networks in alliances, with partners, and among NGOs. Can anyone refer me to any good articles/papers/urls on this subject?
              >
              > Thank you
              > Kathleen Marvin
              > www.marvincoach.com

            • petergadz
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 16, 2006
                Kathleen,

                There is a relevant article in the Summer 2006 issue
                of "strategy+business" magazine published by Booz Allen Hamilton.
                It is entitled "The Megacommunity Manifesto" and is by Mark
                Gerencser, Fernando Napolitano, and Reginald Van Lee. "A
                megacommunity is a public sphere in which organizations and people
                deliberately join together around a compelling issue of mutual
                importance." One such has been organized by the Forest Stewardship
                Council to deal with the issue of rain forest conservation. Other
                issues around with megacommunities have organized include energy,
                HIV/AIDS, and small business vitality in Harlem.

                Hope this helps.

                Peter S. Gadzinski
                Office of eDiplomacy
                gadzinskip@...