817Re: Organisations, Social Capital, networks and their role in Innovation management

  • Andries Du plessis
    May 27 8:40 AM
      Hi Lawrence

      I surely will follow u up on the LinkedIn discussion

      The Elevator speech is surely a way to get us thinking in terms of what managers need to know and what they need in order to make a decision.

      SNA/ONA analysts -- and I include myself in this -- are notorious for technical jargon and thinking in terms of technique -- as John points out in the LinkedIN discussion you started.

      Regards

      Andries

      --- In ona-prac@yahoogroups.com, Laurence Lock Lee <llocklee@...> wrote:

      > tks Andrew I look forward to reading it. I've just put a post up looking for SNA elevator speeches. You may want to throw in some of yours...
      >
      > http://linkd.in/mGmo5I
      >

      > > Laurence Lock Lee PhD
      > > Partner, Optimice Pty Ltd
      > > Ph: +61 (0)407001628
      > > www.optimice.com.au
      > > Blog: http://governanceandnetworks.blogspot.com/
      > >
      > > Learn to network, then network to learn
      >

      > On 26/05/2011, at 8:39 PM, Andries Du plessis wrote:
      >

      > > Hi
      > >
      > > Ive uploaded a pdf file to "files" area "SNA_Social_cap_knowldg_netw_innovtn".
      > >
      > > Im keen to explore ways in which the role of social capital, networks, and network analysis can be explained to managers in practical terms.
      > >
      > > Here in South Africa the business case and value add are sometimes hard to grasp for managers not familiar with these concepts, espcially a network perspective.
      > >

      > > Regards
      > >
      > > Andries du Plessis
      > >
      > > Company website: http://www.innovationagency.com

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic