      From: jheuristic2000 <jtmalone@...>
      To: ona-prac@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, 14 May, 2011 1:45:45 AM
      Subject: [ona-prac] Re: End of Value Networks

      Hi Laurie –

      The End of Value Networks is not a funeral notice. Rather, it is good project management and a robust KM practice. It is called a post mortem, an After Action Review (AAR), a de-briefing, etc.

      They are institutional and critical practices. We all know what they are and hopefully have participated in many! They are peaked learning experiences and of enormous, irreplaceable value, as you all well know.

      Most all of the back channel feedback has been positive. It is important to ONA and other disciplines to know exactly what went wrong.

      Some of the reaction has been a weird sentimentality like something died. It's a simple LLC business failure, folks. C'mon, no one died, there is no funeral, no mourning. Some silly people are in denial or entering the seven stages of grief. Ridiculous. Someone even called it `bogus.' How pathetic is that?

      Unfortunately, this type AAR push-back can be common. Unexpected business news is not met with objective analysis. Rather, people make-up stories, shoot-the-messenger, or simply reject fact.

      This is an interesting paradox. Look, it's very clear, for ONA/SNA/VNA growth, we'd all be better off if we `drink our own champagne' more often. Stay away from the method bullies that don't even play by their OWN rules. In short, "Doctor, heal thyself!"

      -j

      --- In ona-prac@yahoogroups.com, Laurence Lock Lee <llocklee@...> wrote:

      > Yes I think rolling out the funeral notice is a little premature.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic