Re: [ona-prac] SNA/ONA: for researchers or practitioners?

(796)
  • Bob Bater
    Mar 29, 2011 Expand Messages
      Matt said:

      Many business decision makers still do not see the world in terms of networks <
      Lamentably true. But many do not even get as far as taking a process view either. It's a double-whammy. IMHO, we need to 'educate' decision-makers in both BPM and ONA and their synergistic relationship(s).

      Ciao,

      Bob

      On 28/03/2011 23:48, Matt Moore wrote:
      Hello,

      Very few clients buy "network analysis" but many organizations are becoming aware of the networked nature of their business.

      I don't see SNA as a new six sigma but I do see it as the next business process mapping. N.B. Clients don't buy business processing mapping (BPM) work, they buy process improvement.

      You can do time-consuming BPM with expensive modeling software or you can you it with a pen and the back of an envelope.

      Consultants need to start talking about network improvement.

      I also think there's a simple awareness factor. Many business decision makers still do not see the world in terms of networks - but an increasing number do.

      Cheers,

      Matt Moore
      +61 423 784 504
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 29, 2011, at 12:06 AM, "Patti Anklam" <patti@...> wrote:

      Hi, all,

      I invite you to read Laurie Lock Lee’s recent blog post: “Can SNA be the new Six Sigma?” http://governanceandnetworks.blogspot.com/2011/03/can-sna-be-new-six-sigma.html as it asks an important question for ONA practitioners:

      ·         Do we need to separate our practice from the science of SNA in order for it to become an established management discipline?

      You may want to post your responses to the blog itself, as well as in this forum.

      /patti

      Patti Anklam

      Net Work: Leveraging Content, Knowledge and Networks

      Harvard, MA 01451

      +1(978)456-4175

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic