      From: Matt Moore <innotecture@...>
      Subject: Re: [ona-prac] SNA/ONA: for researchers or practitioners?
      To: "ona-prac@yahoogroups.com" <ona-prac@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Monday, March 28, 2011, 2:48 PM

      Hello,

      Very few clients buy "network analysis" but many organizations are becoming aware of the networked nature of their business.

      I don't see SNA as a new six sigma but I do see it as the next business process mapping. N.B. Clients don't buy business processing mapping (BPM) work, they buy process improvement.

      You can do time-consuming BPM with expensive modeling software or you can you it with a pen and the back of an envelope.

      Consultants need to start talking about network improvement.

      I also think there's a simple awareness factor. Many business decision makers still do not see the world in terms of networks - but an increasing number do.

      Cheers,

      Matt Moore
      +61 423 784 504
      Sent from my iPhone