765RE: [ona-prac] Simple personal network map software?

    Jun 6 6:10 AM

      Hi, Kathleen,

      I’m not clear about whether you want to map the relationships between people, or to map the exchanges within the network. It almost sounds like you want a value network analysis http://valuenetworks.com/  VNA (maps the roles in a network (rather than individuals) and the tangible and intangible exchanges (information, funding, contracts, etc.) among them.  There is a pretty simple tool for generating value network maps (though you have to purchase the product  http://buyvaluenetworks.com/).

      ONA Surveys (Http://www.onasurveys.com) lets you create a survey in which people can enter the names of people, but does not yet (to my knowledge) let you draw the relationships among those people. I think this software is still available on a trial basis.

      I’d be very interested if there are any tools out there that are simpler to use and set up (and free, or nearly so).

      /patti