478Greetings

  • Rick Fowler
    Jan 7, 2008
      Hi Everyone,

      I've just joined the ONA-prac group and am thrilled to be here!

      I am a consultant in business/IT strategy and implementation
      (examples: enterprise content management, knowldge management,
      interactive marketing, custom software engineering). I'm also an MBA
      student at the University of Chicago GSB.

      My interest in ONA/SNA comes from three places:

      1. I first learned about networks when I started a small business
      without having a network. That's difficult - I don't recommend
      it. :^) But I gained quite a bit of practical experience in
      developing professional networks as a result.

      2. I've done some SNA with UCINet and NetDraw for class projects and
      want to learn more.

      3. In my software engineering and project management roles, I have
      found that the challenges to successful projects are rarely
      technical - they involve culture, organization, communication, and
      group dynamics most of the time.

      So I've dedicated myself to learning how to improve organizational
      effectiveness, and I want to learn more about using ONA.
      Specifically, I'm looking for methods and tools for diagnostics and
      for approaches to developing solutions to organizational challenges.
      I look forward to learning as well as contributing as much as I can.

      Kind Regards,

      Rick Fowler

      efowler01@...
      rick.fowler@...