452Re: [ona-prac] Link Analysis versus Social Network Analysis

    Nov 11, 2007
      I encounter "link analysis" when working with law enforcement and
      counterterrorism clients.

      Links analysis, from my outsider perspective, is linking together
      various objects for evidence mapping. These objects include people,
      cars, houses, businesses, phone numbers, other objects of ownership.
      It is felt that such analysis can uncover cells and gangs and other
      criminal conspiracies -- besides providing nice visuals for court.
      They do not use social network metrics but do a elementary form
      degree and cluster analysis, and have a good understanding of
      structural equivalence. The main tool in play for link analysis is
      i2's Analyst Workbook -- which has a strangle hold on that market.

      http://www.i2inc.com/Products/Analysts_Notebook/

      Valdis

      On Nov 10, 2007, at 6:22 PM, philrjones wrote:

      > We're having a healthy debate at work about the differences
      > between "Link Analysis" and SNA.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic