324Seeking SNA contractor
- Dec 12, 2006See the announcement at http://netcentriccampaigns.org/node/94 and
below. Please share with anyone who might be interested. This could
be a great way for someone just starting out to get some real-world
Netcentric Campaigns is a nonprofit consultancy helping progressive
advocacy organizations, coalitions, and campaigns utilize the power of
networks to better connect, support, and empower their constituents.
We are seeking a consultant to assist with the measurement and
analysis of social networks.
* Proven experience mapping and analyzing social networks in an
academic or organizational setting.
* Familiarity with at least one standard network-mapping software
* Strong analytical and technical writing skills.
* Your own workspace and computer with high-speed Internet access,
and ability to work independently while maintaining communication with
team members in other locations.
* Experience using "Web 2.0" technology and social networking
software, and interest in how different tools might be used to support
advocacy and social change.
* A commitment to making the world a better place by applying your
skills toward social and environmental justice.
* A background with nonprofits, political advocacy, grassroots
organizing, or network-centric theory is a plus.
Candidates should be prepared to start by 1/3/07 at the latest and be
available throughout January. The consulting arrangement may be
continued after this study on a project-by-project basis. (Future
projects will also require expertise in data collection and survey
design.) Work will range from part-time to full-time depending on
your schedule and our deadlines. Location is flexible, although the
Eastern time zone of the U.S. (GMT-5) is preferred.
Please send letters of interest along with a sample network analysis,
estimated hourly rate, and resume ASAP to ruby at netcentriccampaigns
dot org with the subject line "Social Network Analyst." Applications
will be considered on a rolling basis.