Re: [on3] Plans

  • mrbungalow@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 30, 2001
      I will take one copy of each plan that you have from all of your magazines,
      please
      Gil

    • Jerry & Shareen Lawrence
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 1, 2001
        No problem, Gil, did you want hard copy, or CD-ROM? {:-)
        -Jerry

        I will take one copy of each plan that you have from all of your magazines,
        please
        Gil

        "Model Railroading IS Fun!"

      • mrbungalow@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 1, 2001
          How about one of each? I know that you have plenty of time for both!
          Gil

        • William W. Davis
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 1, 2001
            I'll take either but CD Rom would be cool. Regards ILL
            > No problem, Gil, did you want hard copy, or CD-ROM? {:-)
            > -Jerry

          • Jon Heller
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 2, 2001
              Jerry

              Thank you so much for your offer of particpate. Did I
              see something you having some database available? If
              so, then are you willing to donate the info to this
              "library card catalog" database of modeling critical
              information. In no way am offering the materials,
              just the path for finding info when needed.

              Bruce Maxwell has provided his entire listing as a
              core. I do not know if you are interested in having
              your database folded into this. I certainly
              understand if you are looking to sell the info to get
              some return on your investment. However, if you want
              to donate the information to be included in the
              "Library" I am building, it would be most gratefully
              appreciated.

              If you would like to participate, and can load your
              data into an excel format that would be great. Again,
              I will understand if you do not wish to share your
              great effort.

              Of course, perhaps I have confused you with someone
              else...Oh well.

              Thanks for thinking about it and thanks for the
              specific help you offered.

              Regards

              Jon

              --- Jerry & Shareen Lawrence <jplegend@...>
              wrote:
              > Jon-
              > I have an extensive model magazine collection (maybe
              > not QUITE as good as
              > Bill Uffelmans) and am ready, willing, and able to
              > copy articles or plans
              > for anyone from the out of print mags, as long as I
              > don't get hammered by
              > requests. Been doing this for years, and folks have
              > reciprocated when I need
              > something. As long as nobody is making money out of
              > it, I'm not worried
              > about infringing copyrights.
              > -Jerry

              http://phone.yahoo.com
            • Jerry & Shareen Lawrence
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 2, 2001
                Jon, I've compiled a partial database of NG magazines, coded to suit my
                interests, in Access. I add to it from time to time, but I must confess I'm
                several years behind. You can sort by author, title, scale, gauge, major
                topic, RR, etc. Just need some time to bring it up to date. I guess I could
                convert it to Excel and send it to you, but it's not easy to sort in Excel,
                you can lose the connectivity. How about Access?

                wrote:
                > Jon-
                > I have an extensive model magazine collection (maybe
                > not QUITE as good as
                > Bill Uffelmans) and am ready, willing, and able to
                > copy articles or plans
                > for anyone from the out of print mags, as long as I
                > don't get hammered by
                > requests. Been doing this for years, and folks have
                > reciprocated when I need
                > something. As long as nobody is making money out of
                > it, I'm not worried
                > about infringing copyrights.
                > -Jerry

              • Jon Heller
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 2, 2001
                  Jerry

                  I have access, so you can forward it to me in access
                  and I will convert it. If I have a problem, I will
                  let you know.

                  Thanks

                  wrote:
                  > Jon, I've compiled a partial database of NG
                  > magazines, coded to suit my
                  > interests, in Access. I add to it from time to time,
                  > but I must confess I'm
                  > several years behind. You can sort by author, title,
                  > scale, gauge, major
                  > topic, RR, etc. Just need some time to bring it up
                  > to date. I guess I could
                  > convert it to Excel and send it to you, but it's not
                  > easy to sort in Excel,
                  > you can lose the connectivity. How about Access?

                  http://phone.yahoo.com
                • Paul Cesak
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 2, 2001
                    Jon,
                    Seems the best model RR magazine database I have seen is at
                    http://index.mrmag.com/

                    Grins
                    Pc

                    wrote:
                    > Jon, I've compiled a partial database of NG
                    > magazines, coded to suit my
                    > interests, in Access. I add to it from time to time,
                    > but I must confess I'm
                    > several years behind. You can sort by author, title,
                    > scale, gauge, major
                    > topic, RR, etc. Just need some time to bring it up
                    > to date. I guess I could
                    > convert it to Excel and send it to you, but it's not
                    > easy to sort in Excel,
                    > you can lose the connectivity. How about Access?

                  • Jon Heller
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 2, 2001
                      Yes, and I will point to that list in the project as
                      well.

                      I am looking for the less well known stuff.

                      Thanks

                      http://phone.yahoo.com
                    • Jerry & Shareen Lawrence
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 3, 2001
                        OK Jon, try this. If too big let me know and I'll zip it.

                        wrote:
                        > Jon, I've compiled a partial database of NG
                        > magazines, coded to suit my
                        > interests, in Access. I add to it from time to time,
                        > but I must confess I'm
                        > several years behind. You can sort by author, title,
                        > scale, gauge, major
                        > topic, RR, etc. Just need some time to bring it up
                        > to date. I guess I could
                        > convert it to Excel and send it to you, but it's not
                        > easy to sort in Excel,
                        > you can lose the connectivity. How about Access?

                      • Fred Folk
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 27, 2002
                          Ken,
                          Is that a wood kit? I'll look through mine.
                          Fred

                          KenSuz2 wrote:

                          > I am sorting through my projects, and one of them is a Carson &
                          > Colorado D&RGW Combine Kit. We moved recently and you guessed it,
                          > the plans and instructions are gone. I have searched hi and low and
                          > can't find them. I should be able to finish this kit off, but it
                          > would be nice not to screw it up too badly. Is there anyone out
                          > there can help me with these plans and instructions. My wife will be
                          > eternally greatful, as I will probably quit going around the house
                          > cursing and swearing and trying to kick myself in the derriere, as I
                          > was the guy that packed all the train equipment.
                          >
                          > Thanks,
                          >
                          > Ken
                          > harronk@...

                        • Fred Folk
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 27, 2002
                            Ken,
                            I found them don't have anyway to scan them but send me an address I'll copy
                            them and send a copy.
                            Fred

                            Fred Folk wrote:

                            > Ken,
                            > Is that a wood kit? I'll look through mine.
                            > Fred
                            >
                            > KenSuz2 wrote:
                            >
                            > > I am sorting through my projects, and one of them is a Carson &
                            > > Colorado D&RGW Combine Kit. We moved recently and you guessed it,
                            > > the plans and instructions are gone. I have searched hi and low and
                            > > can't find them. I should be able to finish this kit off, but it
                            > > would be nice not to screw it up too badly. Is there anyone out
                            > > there can help me with these plans and instructions. My wife will be
                            > > eternally greatful, as I will probably quit going around the house
                            > > cursing and swearing and trying to kick myself in the derriere, as I
                            > > was the guy that packed all the train equipment.
                            > >
                            > > Thanks,
                            > >
                            > > Ken
                            > > harronk@...

                          • KenSuz2
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 27, 2002
                              Hey, Fred,

                              Thanks a lot. I appreciate it. Yes, this is a wood kit, I think
                              along the lines of the new LaBelle products. I sent via a separate
                              email all the mail info. Let me know on the cost.

                              Ken

                              --- In on3@y..., Fred Folk <freddrgw@f...> wrote:
                              > Ken,
                              > I found them don't have anyway to scan them but send me an address
                              I'll copy
                              > them and send a copy.
                              > Fred
                              >
                              > Fred Folk wrote:
                              >
                              > > Ken,
                              > > Is that a wood kit? I'll look through mine.
                              > > Fred
                              > >
                              > > KenSuz2 wrote:
                              > >
                              > > > I am sorting through my projects, and one of them is a Carson &
                              > > > Colorado D&RGW Combine Kit. We moved recently and you guessed
                              it,
                              > > > the plans and instructions are gone. I have searched hi and
                              low and
                              > > > can't find them. I should be able to finish this kit off, but
                              it
                              > > > would be nice not to screw it up too badly. Is there anyone out
                              > > > there can help me with these plans and instructions. My wife
                              will be
                              > > > eternally greatful, as I will probably quit going around the
                              house
                              > > > cursing and swearing and trying to kick myself in the derriere,
                              as I
                              > > > was the guy that packed all the train equipment.
                              > > >
                              > > > Thanks,
                              > > >
                              > > > Ken
                              > > > harronk@c...
                              > > >

                              > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                            • narrowmind2004
                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 25
                                I hope that someone can steer me to plans for the interior of the d&rgw business car B-8 as it is now. The only plan I have is correct for about 1916. The Colorado rr museum is presently restoring the car but does not offer plans for the interior.  Body is finished and hate to finish it inside as of 1916.    Any Ideas?
                              • Tim Mulina BHI
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 26

                                  Loisrichie (sorry I do not have a name to address this to),

                                  Our book of the DRGW NG Varnish includes 5 folio sets from 1903, 1904 (yes there were changes), undated post WW-2 I estimate as late 1940’s, 1966 & 1968 folios used by the road.

                                  http://www.quickpicbooks.com/Folios/DRGW/DRGW_combined_NG_Varnish.html

                                  On the actual folios they often will give clues as to which wood and finish and what colors of seating was present and what type of materials were used fitting the inside of the cars and I made sure when the pages were edited and restored that information was left intact and not cut off of the folio sheet as has been done in publications by others in the past. I did this with the intent that it be the best resource of a snapshot as the crews working on them would have had and included many folios/configurations I had never seen anywhere else besides these sets.

                                  As far as the folio for  K/B-8 goes:

                                  It has different internal configurations of the car one from 1903 showing the car as Special Car K.

                                  The other is from the 1904 Folio set showing it as B-8 but with a reissue date of 1916 BUT the lettering shows D&RGW not D&RG so it is at least after the 1923/4 reorganization. You may want to check and see if the drawing you have has the letterboard above the windows saying D&RG or D&RGW to help you figure the date 1916 versus the later and more likely configuration when it went to the Uintah.

                                  In the sample pages on the above link of our book there is a much smaller version than what is in the book that you can get a rough idea if it is the right one.  Sample Page 10 shows it in the 1904/1916-1924ish D&RGW configuration.

                                  Since it was sold to the Uintah in 1927, You may want to compare any internal drawings as Uintah versus D&RGW to see which you are wanting to do.

                                  If you are wanting to see what was common inside the cars as far as wood colors and fabrics, you can see our book on Business Car B-1 which is mostly still as it was when donated to Alamosa.

                                  http://www.quickpicbooks.com/files/drgwb1book.html

                                  Best regards,

                                  Tim Mulina

                                  BHI Publications

                                  http://www.quickpicbooks.com/

                                  I hope that someone can steer me to plans for the interior of the d&rgw business car B-8 as it is now. The only plan I have is correct for about 1916. The Colorado rr museum is presently restoring the car but does not offer plans for the interior.  Body is finished and hate to finish it inside as of 1916.    Any Ideas?

                                • Ronald Trautwein

                                    I hope that someone can steer me to plans for the interior of the d&rgw business car B-8 as it is now. The only plan I have is correct for about 1916. The Colorado rr museum is presently restoring the car but does not offer plans for the interior.  Body is finished and hate to finish it inside as of 1916.    Any Ideas?
                                  • kjb80401
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 27
                                      If all else fails, turn off your computer and "Restart it".

                                      Keevan

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 27

                                        Ron,

                                        I just checked and did not see any issue in the checkout with Firefox or Internet Explorer but you know that only means it didn’t do it for me. Computers seem to be like cars, when I take my car to the mechanic he can never get it to do whatever it was doing when he has it but as soon as I get it back, the noises are back <G>.

                                        The shopping cart pops up a checkout window and in the bottom right corner is the button to get the checkout process going… so you may have popup blocker enabled or it could be one of those random I dunno why computers act up when we don’t want them to moments.

                                        Pop me a note off list and I can send you an invoice direct for whatever you are wanting.

                                        Best,

                                        Tim