DRGW Cattle Car

  • Paul Cesak
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
      Guys,
      I am about to finish exterior construction on a partial Tomalco Cattle Car. I bought it "right" but then found most of the lumber was not included...Thank god the floor was. So here's my question. Did the DRGW also paint the interior of the cars Black or just the exterior.

      I must say that if they did paint the inside black ,I would question which kit I will do next. The San Juans go togrether so easily...in 2 nights...I already have 8 nights in this one.... Indeed, there is a fineline in weathering plastic vs. wood., but considering if I paint the entire inside black.....what's the use?

      Grins
      Pc

    • cliffbpa@juno.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
        Paul: From various sources the inside of cars remained unpainted. The
        reason given was to prevent the cattle/sheep from eating the paint. and
        getting sick. OSHA was not around so the decision was
        economic---------Cliff Franklin

        On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:58:43 -0600 "Paul Cesak" <pcesak@...>
        writes:
        > Guys,
        > I am about to finish exterior construction on a partial Tomalco
        > Cattle Car. I bought it "right" but then found most of the lumber
        > was not included...Thank god the floor was. So here's my question.
        > Did the DRGW also paint the interior of the cars Black or just the
        > exterior.
        >
        > I must say that if they did paint the inside black ,I would question
        > which kit I will do next. The San Juans go togrether so easily...in
        > 2 nights...I already have 8 nights in this one.... Indeed, there is
        > a fineline in weathering plastic vs. wood., but considering if I
        > paint the entire inside black.....what's the use?
        >
        > Grins
        > Pc

        > "Model Railroading IS Fun!"

      • Paul Cesak
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
          Thanks Cliff,
          Alrighty then...there is value in doing the Tomalco kits. I'll make sure I leave the roof removable.
          http://pcesak.home.mindspring.com/P0001491.JPG ---------> 1 sidewall
          Grins
          Pc

          writes:
          > Guys,
          > I am about to finish exterior construction on a partial Tomalco
          > Cattle Car. I bought it "right" but then found most of the lumber
          > was not included...Thank god the floor was. So here's my question.
          > Did the DRGW also paint the interior of the cars Black or just the
          > exterior.
          >
          > I must say that if they did paint the inside black ,I would question
          > which kit I will do next. The San Juans go togrether so easily...in
          > 2 nights...I already have 8 nights in this one.... Indeed, there is
          > a fineline in weathering plastic vs. wood., but considering if I
          > paint the entire inside black.....what's the use?
          >
          > Grins
          > Pc

          > "Model Railroading IS Fun!"

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor