6 weeks to the NNGC in Pasadena; August 29 to 31, 2013

  • wcbeverly
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2013
      6 weeks to the NNGC in Pasadena; August 29 to 31, 2013

      The 33rd National Narrow Gauge Convention (NNGC) is rapidly approaching and will be here before we know it. If you have not sent in your registration, now is the time to do it.

      To register click on the link below, print and fill out the form then send it in with your payment to the address indicated on the form. You can include a check for payment or fill out the credit card information on the registration form.

      http://www.33rdnngc.com/register.html

      A lot great clinics have been set up that you do not want to miss. Take a look at the schedule and plan out which ones that you want to attend. I know it will be tough, if you are like me, you want to attend them all.

      http://www.33rdnngc.com/clinics.html

      Southern California is rich with steam action, including the RGS 41 and DRGW 340 at Knotts and steam at Disneyland. You know Walt was a narrow gauge buff. Check out the tours.

      http://www.33rdnngc.com/prototype_activities.html

      When you arrive at the convention you will receive a layout tour package with description of the layouts, maps and instructions. Now is a good time to contact your buddies and arrange car pools to these layouts. Don't forget your GPS devices like Garmin Maps. We are building a file that you can download into your GPS device that will have the addresses and directions to the layouts. Keep watching the Layout Tours web page for when that will be available.

      http://www.33rdnngc.com/layouts/

      Do not forget to bring your contest model(s). There are several categories for everyone to participate in. Do not be shy; show off what you have been working on. You can even down load and fill out the Contest Application Form and have it ready when you get here.

      http://www.33rdnngc.com/contests.html

      The volunteers at the 33rd NNGC are excited about how well this convention is coming together and we hope you are too. We look forward to having you as our guests. This will be a great time to meet up with old friends and make new ones.