Re: [on3] Unanswered E-mails

  • Masonbogie
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1 6:57 AM
      Hi John,
      Although I've experimented with various approaches (largely for more accurate appearance), the original drive actually works quite well. It looks like an NWSL 0.3 mod 36:1 gearbox will fit in the frame--I'm assuming trying to pull an old gear and re-use it is not recommended. I can send the old driver sets with bearings and gear, so you could re-use the bearings, and comment on the feasibility of turning down flanges. I only have the one set of centers and have another LMB 2-8-6T which is the one I was thinking of turning down the flanges (I'd like to turn down flanges on tender wheels and pilot truck for both engines if possible).  I'm assuming I should order the gearbox and send it along as well, correct?

      Thanks for taking another look for the Cooke materials.
      George

      George Sebastian-Coleman
      11 Taine Mountain Road
      Unionville CT 06085

      On Aug 27, 2012, at 9:43 PM, rwy536@... wrote:

      Hi George,

      I can do a set of Mason Bogie drivers with you supplying the centers, however, due to the number of driver sets on order it will be several weeks before I can get to it. As far as the turning down of flanges, I would like to see a sample before commiting to the work.

      What are you planning to use for gearing on the new MB drivers?

      I've started my search again for your plans.

      Regards,
      John

      John Pilling
      Uxbridge, MA
      USA

      On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Masonbogie wrote:

         Hi John,
      I had sent an inquiry when you posted about c-16 drivers, to see if it would be possible and  at what cost to get a set of Mason Bogie drivers done. I have a set of Grandt centers (brass) I also have several LMB bogies whose flanges I'd like to have turned down if that's possible. Finally, my periodic inquiry to see if my  Cooke photos and drawings have surfaced.
      Thanks,
      George

      George Sebastian-Coleman
      11 Taine Mountain Road
      Unionville CT 06085

      On Aug 17, 2012, at 7:17 PM, rwy536@...wrote:

      Would those who have attempted to contact me and not received an answer please resend your message.

      Thanks,
      John

      John Pilling
      Uxbridge, MA