Re: Grab Irons

  • jdmckee1
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 1, 2012
      Errrr, did you mean $4.75 for four grab irons? I just want to make sure thats not a typo? PBL sells 17 and 20 inch pre formed grabs, a pack of 24 is $3.00 and a pack of 100 is $8.00. JD.

      --- In on3@yahoogroups.com, lucas gargoloff <lucasgargoloff@...> wrote:

      > PSC does some nice fromed grabs... 24" and 26" lenght, straight and down mounted. But... for example 4 for $4.75. PSC #41322

    • dave_grandt
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 10, 2013
        This could be a long story which would begin with starting to build 10 cars of conventional wood construction in about 1954.
        The short version is that the 700 series cars were offered in kit form in about 1975 and was mostly Dad's work. I did the parts for the 800 series about 10 years later.

        So what you built in a week, took me about eleven or twelve years (the pilot model which is shown in the instruction sheets), and Dad never even finished one complete car.