Re: convention

  • ogage0n3@juno.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 1, 1998
      DEan they wherer laconia'c
      DC
      "The East Broad Top Lives"
      ogage0n3@...
      Across America
      Scale Model replicas
      ogage,(zero),n3

      On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 19:17:00 EDT EBTNUT@... writes:
      >From: EBTNUT@...
      >
      >I was also under the impression that the BRB&L cars were built by
      >Laconia, not
      >J&S. Comment?
      >Deane

      Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
    • Lex A. Parker
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 25, 1999
        Hello all:

        Some of asked if I was attending the convention in Portland this year.
        Unfortunately not. Instead, I am planning on running down to Colorado next
        weekend to chase trains instead. I will be attending the convention next
        year. For those of you going to the convention, have a great time.

        Regards,
        Lex A. Parker
        Beamsville, Ontario, Canada

        Visit my web site at:
        http://www.parkerdesign.com/Hobby/hobby01.htm
      • Lee Snover
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 25, 1999
          >From: "Lex A. Parker" <lex@...>
          >
          >Hello all:
          >
          >Some of asked if I was attending the convention in Portland this year.
          >Unfortunately not. Instead, I am planning on running down to Colorado next
          >weekend to chase trains instead. I will be attending the convention next
          >year. For those of you going to the convention, have a great time.

          He Lex... where is the convention nextyear?????

          IMWTK maybe
          Lee
          Lee Snover, Sr.
          LeeTown Models - since 1969 till ?? (the Rapture, I hope!)
          15 Adams Street
          Belvidere, NJ 07823
          1/4" scale Climax model repairs/sales/parts.

          Foolish mistakes to avoid:
          Who of you by worring can add a single hour to his life? mat. 6:27 (NIV)
        • bonkers
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 25, 1999
            Hey Lex...I don't know if you plan on getting as far south as Chama, but if
            you do and happen to spot a dark red 4-dr. GMC 'Jimmy' with a brush guard,
            gimme' a shout and I'll tell ya' where to get the best 'Big Jim' green chili
            and sopaipillas. I'm gonna' be there shooting sepias for a friends Y2K
            calendar. (You know, the one that's all pictures and no numbers)......

            Have a good one,

            J.B. Neiswander

            >Some of asked if I was attending the convention in Portland this year.
            >Unfortunately not. Instead, I am planning on running down to Colorado next
            >weekend to chase trains instead. I will be attending the convention next
            >year. For those of you going to the convention, have a great time.

            >Regards,
            >Lex A. Parker
            >Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
            >
            >Visit my web site at:
            >http://www.parkerdesign.com/Hobby/hobby01.htm

            >ONElist members, don't miss out on the latest news at ONElist!
            >Join our community member news update

            >"Model Railroading IS Fun!"

          • Lex A. Parker
            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 25, 1999
              >From: "bonkers" <bonkers@...>
              >
              >Hey Lex...I don't know if you plan on getting as far south as Chama, but if
              >you do and happen to spot a dark red 4-dr. GMC 'Jimmy' with a brush guard,
              >gimme' a shout and I'll tell ya' where to get the best 'Big Jim' green chili
              >and sopaipillas. I'm gonna' be there shooting sepias for a friends Y2K
              >calendar. (You know, the one that's all pictures and no numbers)......

              Actually that's exactly where I plan to spend some time as well as Durango
              and Silverton etc.

              I'll watch for you. Thanx,

              Regards,
              Lex A. Parker
              Beamsville, Ontario, Canada

              Visit my web site at:
              http://www.parkerdesign.com/Hobby/hobby01.htm
            • Gary Waite
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 31, 1999
                I can't stand it any longer!
                WHERE do you get the chile and sopaipillas?
                I thought that Francisco's in Durango was right up there, however,
                I am willing to learn!
                Years ago, the sopaipillas at Osier were pretty good-maybe because we
                were cold and hungery--------
                Best Regards,
                Gary Waite
                Salem, OR

              • Lex A. Parker
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 31, 1999
                  >bonkers wrote:
                  >
                  >> From: "bonkers" <bonkers@...>
                  >>
                  >> Hey Lex...I don't know if you plan on getting as far south as Chama, but if
                  >> you do and happen to spot a dark red 4-dr. GMC 'Jimmy' with a brush guard,
                  >> gimme' a shout and I'll tell ya' where to get the best. I'm gonna' be
                  >>there shooting sepias for a friends Y2K
                  >> calendar. (You know, the one that's all pictures and no numbers)......
                  >>
                  >> Have a good one,
                  >>
                  >> J.B. Neiswander

                  hi JB:

                  I will definately be in Chama next week as well as Durango as that is the
                  main purpose of going. It will probably be on Tuesday and Wednesday.

                  I too can't wait to find out where I can find those 'Big Jim' green chili
                  and sopaipillas as I love the hots. Please tell me before Thursday night
                  as I leave Friday and may not find you in Chama.

                  Thanks,

                  Regards,
                  Lex A. Parker
                  Beamsville, Ontario, Canada

                  Visit my web site at:
                  http://www.parkerdesign.com/Hobby/hobby01.htm
                • Clifford Mestel
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 31, 1999
                    Lex A. Parker wrote:

                    > From: "Lex A. Parker" <lex@...>
                    >
                    > >bonkers wrote:
                    > >
                    > >> From: "bonkers" <bonkers@...>
                    > >>
                    > >> Hey Lex...I don't know if you plan on getting as far south as Chama, but if
                    > >> you do and happen to spot a dark red 4-dr. GMC 'Jimmy' with a brush guard,
                    > >> gimme' a shout and I'll tell ya' where to get the best. I'm gonna' be
                    > >>there shooting sepias for a friends Y2K
                    > >> calendar. (You know, the one that's all pictures and no numbers)......
                    > >>
                    > >> Have a good one,
                    > >>
                    > >> J.B. Neiswander
                    > >>

                    > hi JB:
                    >
                    > I will definately be in Chama next week as well as Durango as that is the
                    > main purpose of going. It will probably be on Tuesday and Wednesday.
                    >
                    > I too can't wait to find out where I can find those 'Big Jim' green chili
                    > and sopaipillas as I love the hots. Please tell me before Thursday night
                    > as I leave Friday and may not find you in Chama.
                    >
                    > Thanks,

                    > Regards,
                    > Lex A. Parker
                    > Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
                    >
                    > Visit my web site at:
                    > http://www.parkerdesign.com/Hobby/hobby01.htm

                    > Your anytime, anywhere sports store. Fogdog Sports.

                    > "Model Railroading IS Fun!"
                    Hey Lex;

                    If you come through Buena Vista, look me up.

                    Clifford A. Mestel
                  • Lex Parker
                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 31, 1999
                      Hi Cliff:

                      >Hey Lex;
                      >
                      >If you come through Buena Vista, look me up.
                      >
                      >Clifford A. Mestel

                      That may be. I'll keep it in mind, thanks for the offer. Hope to see you.

                      Give me you telephone no direct to my e-mail.

                      Lex A. Parker

                      Visit my hobby website at:

                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 12, 1999
                        Hi Cliff:

                        I did pass through the other day and tried calling, but no answer. Sorry
                        to miss you. I went on and stayed in Leadville for the nite. I tried
                        talking my son and friend Dave to go over Mosquito Pass... but Dave
                        refused, my son would have gone with me. I did go over the pass about 5
                        years ago but had a 4 wheel drive then. I don't think our Buick would have
                        survived.

                        Hope you are going to the convention and if so... enjoy.

                        Cheers,

                        Lex A. Parker

                        Visit my hobby website at:

                        http://www.parkerdesign.com/Hobby/hobby01.htm
                      • K27461@xx.xxx
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 19, 1999
                          Hi All,
                          I returned from Portland this afternoon having attended the "convention"
                          To say the least, the Portland gang did a great job with maps that were
                          actually easy to follow when visiting the home layouts.
                          I had the opportunity to visit several layout in the Seattle area as well as
                          other layouts in and around Portland.
                          The model competition at the convention was of the usual high standard with
                          several wonderful models. Plenty of "good stuff" for Bob Brown to write about
                          in future issues of the Gazette.
                          One comment, while some layouts were very good others were in the initial
                          stages of construction and I would suggest future NG convention committees
                          survey the layouts before placing them on the tour.
                          It is somewhat frustrating to spend a large part of one's time driving in
                          heavy traffic and finally arrive at the host layout only to find bare
                          benchwork or in some cases bare bench work and a little track.
                          I am not, in anyway trying to decry the efforts of the fledgling layout
                          builders but would rather see operational layouts with scenery.
                          Save the partially completed layouts for another time!
                          The vendors and other activities at the hotel were as, per usual "great" and
                          I was able to see several very good clinics as well as buy some great On3
                          kits etc.
                          I live in the Dallas area and there is absolutely no On3 around here.
                          By far the best attraction for me at this years convention was the visit to
                          the live steam layout. All trains run on 7.5" gauge with a UP Big Boy as the
                          major attraction.
                          The layout occupies a 28 acre farm and trains run on over 7,000 feet of track
                          crossing a 28 foot high trestle.
                          Two new 2.5 inch/foot K36 locos are currently under construction and they are
                          to put it mildly "fantastic"

                          As my trip to Portland was partially business, I was unable to tote the video
                          equipment.
                          If anyone on the list was at the Miller's live steam layout with a video
                          camera and would consider sharing their tape with me, please contact me off
                          list.
                          I would really appreciate a copy of their tape and, of course would reimburse
                          the kind person with any costs associated.
                          Thanks,
                          Regards,
                          Keith Stamper
                        • michaelnott
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 2, 2002
                            Hi all,

                            the sixth Australian Narrow Gauge Convention web site has
                            been updated...

                            Please visit
                            http://www.geocities.com/austnarrowgaugeconvention

                            The convention is sponsored by the Narrow Gauge and Short
                            Line Gazette magazine and Zimbler the Australian distributor for
                            Bachmann and Woodlands

                            cheers

                            Michael
                            Sydney
                          • m2fq@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 8, 2006
                              http://27thnarrowgaugeconvention.net/

                              There's nothing up yet.

                              Still trying to rebuild after the "host" (and I use that term in the most
                              polite way possible) ditched us.

                              M2FQ Publications
                              Gary Kohler
                              PO Box 133