Re: [on3] HO - On3 conversions?

  • landj11@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
      Hi Richard, I once converted a Mantua 2-6-6-2T logger to on3, I had to make 6
      new axles and add a Grandt Line Porter cab.Then I got a severe case of the
      dumbs and sold it at the Westside Reunion
      Len
    • bagustaf@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
        I think a more successful approach to low cost On3 loco and kit-bashing is to
        use Grandt Line kits and parts. They are reasonable in cost, avaliable, to
        exact scale, and easy to work with. I think some of there parts(drive
        train)are also avaliable in On30. They also look great and run well. Good
        luck, Lee Gustafson
      • Richard Combs
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2000
          Thanks to all who responded to my question about converting HO locos
          to On3. Sounds like the look of the drivers would be a bit
          questionable. I think I'll look into the Grandt and Bachmann stuff.

          Thanks again.

          Richard Combs