Re: MMI & Tsunami

  • Dave Manary
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi Fred;
      I learned the hard way that the 1.5 volt circuit board supplied by
      MMI had caused a short in three of my Tsunami's.
      What you need to do when you get the repaired Tsunami back is to
      wire the headlights separately as directed in the Tsunami
      instructions (white to forward light and yellow for rear light) and
      connect the the interior light and class lamps using 560 ohm
      resistors for each class lamp bulb instead of the circuit board to
      the Fx5 (brown)output, and I used the Fx6 (green) output for
      the "Smart Firebox Flicker" Then all you need to do is set the CV 33
      at 113, and 34 at 114 wich will turn all lighting effects on with
      the headlamps.

      Dave

      --- In on3@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Folk" <freddrgw@...> wrote:

      > Morin guys,
      > After a few days of installing the Tsunami in my MMI C-19 finally
      had sucess, I had removed all the wires from the MMI model and used
      just the wires on the Tsunami and didn't hook up the class lamps
      those I wanted to hook up later since I wasn't sure what MMI used on
      their circuit board would work, since I removed the back up light I
      didn't need the yellow wire and I didn't use the brown wire either.
      After a day of running and checking CV's the headlight shorted and
      stayed on couldn't turn it off by pressing ( 0 ) and it would not
      dim either.
      > Since I'm close to Soundtraxx I took it in and Jarrette checked it
      out ( thinks the short may have occured because I hooked the cab
      lite and headlite together ) suggested I diconnect the headlight and
      attach it to the yellow wire for back up light but not including the
      cab light, then I hooked up the 2 class lamps using the circuit
      board that MMI supplied for the 1.5 bulbs that worked fine.
      > I'm going to remove the Tsunami and take it back to Soundtraxx
      this week for the repair to the short than I will connect the cab
      light to the function 5 brown wire hopefully this will eliminate the
      shorting problem in the headlight.
      > Other than I had to get the program power booster to program it
      everything seems to work fine. I used the TSU-1000 decoder in this
      one plenty of room, now to the next one a brass C-16 that I'm going
      to install one of the mini Tsunami's in.
      > Fred

    • Fred Folk
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2008
        Thanks Dave