Re: Update C-19

  • Ron Proffitt
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
      Fred
      I haven't been into any of the MMI's as yet. What motor do they
      have 'as standard'? Are the stock motors ok to use or can we
      expect problems after some time and think about replacing them?
      Thanks,

      Ron

      --- In on3@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Folk" <freddrgw@...> wrote:

      > Today I replaced the motor with a Canon CN-22 DN-22 the DN is the
      flat version of the round CN motor. After removing the MMI motor I
      also relubed the gear box using the new white grease GME sells, then
      I installed the new Canon some minor work is involved you need to
      enlarge the mounting hole ( same with the 27 and 28 engines) since I
      don't have the new decoder yet I ran it on DC one big difference I
      noticed right away was the smoother start, it was notably quiter and
      had better throtle control, then reinstalled superstucture and ran it
      again still very quiet, has a slight gear noise but I think that will
      go away with some run time.
      > All fer now.
      > Bayfield Fred

    • Fred Folk
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
        Hi Ron,
        Someone else asked about the stock motor well I dug out the ones from the 27 & 28 same motor as before,
        there is plenty of room in the boiler. I think the only problem is the motor noise some have but the ones I tested were fine I just wanted to see what difference between the stock one and the Canon.
        All in all they are a fine model but then I don't count rivits.