Re: [on3] Como Coaling Trestle

  • William Uffelman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      EXCELLENT! What a great start for the new year. Thanks for sharing.

      Bill Uffelman
      Las Vegas NV

      tim01433 <tim01433@...> wrote:
      This project started the first of December, and my goal was to have it
      done by New Years. I nearly did except for the shingles, and chute
      hatch details. They should be done in a week. I have aproximately 180
      hours invested, and a whole lotta wood. I used Mt. Albert exclusivly,
      lots of Grandt NBW castings, and the rail is code 70. The structure is
      totally build board-by-board, and with only a few known photos to work
      from. I wish to thank Todd Hackett for his help, and and guideness. I
      also with to thank Mike Trent, and Rob Smith for all of their
      encouragement,and imput. Photos will be placed in my "Como in Az" file.
      However the layout, and myself are now in eastern Oklahama. The layout
      is currently being built in our furniture store. I hope you like it.

      Tim Schreiner

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
        Wow Tim-Great Job!......Talk about implementation. Your coaling trestle looks
        great.,,,Very inspirational. Thanks for the pics,
        jc

      • tim01433
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
          Thank you!

          This was something that I had been planning on doing for the last few
          years, but has always been somewhat intimidated by the project. It
          turned out to be one of the most enjoyable experiances that I have had
          since getting into model rring nearly 28 years ago.

          Tim Schreiner