RE: [on3] KCNG 4th Annual Narrow Gauge Meet

  • Larry Alfred
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      This is a reminder of the upcoming KCNG Annual Meet. You are all invited!!
      We have great clinics and NG layouts to see. Check it out below.
      Apologies for multiple postings.

      --------------------
      This message did not go through with the original information about the
      meet. It had some graphics and photos embedded in the email (not attached).
      The list did not like that. Sorry.

      I have included the meet information without the graphics and photos below.
      Sorry for the confusion and I hope many of you can attend.

      Larry Alfred

      4th Annual KCNG Narrow Gauge Meet

      An invitation to all Narrow Gaugers,

      The Kansas City Area Narrow Gaugers (KCNG) will host their 4th Annual Narrow
      Gauge Meet on Saturday, June 17, 2006. The meet will be held again at the
      Antioch Branch of the Johnson County Library at 8700 Shawnee Mission
      Parkway, Merriam, Kansas. To get there, take the Shawnee Mission Parkway
      exit east from I-35 to Antioch (about ¼ mile), turn left on Antioch, and
      then turn left again into the library.

      The fun will begin at 9:30 am with registration and socializing. We will
      have two live clinics and perhaps a short video or two in the morning. A
      lunch will be provided at noon. A Show-and-Tell session will be held after
      lunch. Please bring something to display and share with the group. You
      will get $1 of your registration refunded if you bring something. We will
      then have two narrow gauge layouts available to visit during the afternoon.
      Layouts will include Peter Ellis’ Rio Grande Southern (Sn3) and Shelly
      Levy’s Rio Grande On3. Meet activities will wind down at about 5:00 pm.

      The clinics will include:
      Ron Morse, MMR: Building a 40’s Era Sawmill
      Marty Vaughn, MMR: Frugal Tall Pines

      Cost: $8.00 (includes morning donuts/coffee and lunch). Bring a model for
      Show and Tell and get $1 back.

      Advance registrations are required by June 10, 2006, so that we can plan for
      lunch. Lunches will not be sold at the door. Mail registration with your
      check to:

      Larry Alfred
      14633 S. Chalet Drive
      Olathe, KS 66062
      Make checks payable to Larry Alfred

      For anyone considering coming in from out of town on Friday night, please
      let us know that in advance. We will meet for our traditional Friday night
      barbeque dinner at Jack Stack restaurant for any that may be interested.
      We will also try to arrange for a visit to a nearby layout.

      It should be a great day to share narrow gauge modeling and conversation.
      You are all invited to participate!! Email me off line
      (lalfred2@...) if you have questions. Hope to see you on June 17.

      Larry Alfred