I saw the MMI K-28 today

  • Randall Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2006
      I saw a pre-production sample of the K-28 today and it is EXTREMELY impressive. The workmanship, in my opinion, is better than the K-27. Don't get me wrong, I think the K-27 was great but this one has a real "Narrow Gauge" look and feel to it.
      All of the details look good. I did not have time to go over it will a glass but it looked correct.
      The one I saw, again, was a pre-production sample and the finished ones should be even better. The distance from the locomotive to the tender looked a lot better because it did not have the great big plug on the back. It had a small plug but what will be on the production one, we will have to wait and see.
      Overall, I am looking forward to getting mine. It has a GME cam and looks like a wiper installed. That will make it easy for all the PFM / GME / PBL sound users as well as the DCC guys to work their sound. The tender was already drilled for a speaker making things easy also.
      If you do not have one reserved, you better do so and I mean NOW. When those hit the dealers, they will be gone. If you are a fan of the Rio Grande and especially the K-28's, you will kick yourself for not getting one or more.
      I'm excited!!!
      Randy Lee