D&RGW rail size question

  • Erik W
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
      What weight rail was used on the mainline between
      Durango and Alamosa in the mid 1950s to the mid 1960s?

      Thanks,
      Erik W
    • Charles Mutschler
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2005
        Erik,

        I saw your post on the H-On3 list first. I've given the rail weights
        from the track profile sheet in that answer.

        Brief Answer - Alamosa to Antonito 85# and 90#, Antonito to just east
        of Osier 70#, E of Osier to E of Chama 85#, E. of Chama to Carbon Jct.
        70#, Carbon Jct to Durango 85#.

        Charlie Mutschler