Looking for instruction

  • staton55
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
      Just came into a Dynatrol system, it has 2 power units, one 14v
      other is 22 v, a open unit that says power, and 3 control units, 1973
      vintage, I'm looking for anyone who might have set up instructions,
      or wiring diagram. It also came with about 12 small red jacks that
      have some type of electrical component inside, they all have large
      numbers on the outside like 2,4 14 ect. HELP Thanks Tom Staton
    • rropsplst@juno.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004
        While I don't have this particular system, I have used it several times on other people's layouts. I think the system involves connecting the power station to a pair of buse wires running under the layout. The controllers (hand helds) are either hard wired into the buse wire or use plug ins (old stereo size plugs) to walk around with the train being run. Each locomotive has a reciever installed, coded to a corresponding numbered plug (usually plugged in next to the controller being used). These plugs (contoller and locomotive)are also connected into the bus wire and "in effect" turn that particular locomotive "on" to that specific controller. As long as the locomotive has it's plug plugged in, it operates.

        That all said, I am not familiar with the specifics of all the wiring. I think though, that the system is pretty reliable once it is up and running.

        Hope this helps.

        I know there are quite a few of these systems still out there. So you should be able to get some help.

        Dave Bucher
        Downingtown, PA
      • rickshoup
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2004