Re: [on3] Re: [Sn3] Aerial tramway operation

  • Bill Uffelman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
      Tom now that you have made your Masonite components guess there is no reason
      to suggest finding Erector Set pullies and axle stock at a yard sale.

      Bill Uffelman

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
        "Bill Uffelman" <ufffam@...> wrote: " Tom now that you have made your Masonite components
        guess there is no reason to suggest finding Erector Set pullies and axle stock at a yard sale."

        Hi Bill,

        My first thoughts on this whole project actually did concentrate on using the Erector Set pullies,
        but the design of the ore buckets doesn't lend itself to easy use of a "V" slotted pully wheel. The
        bucket castintgs use a 4-wheel roller design that are attached to the top of a cable, making it
        appear as though they are rolling along it. When they reached the pully wheels, I believe there
        would be stress on the casting/cable bond that would eventually break them apart.

        My design, while crude at the present time, allows for the roller casting to rest against the
        concave face edge of a 2" diameter pully without putting additional stress on the glue bond. The
        concave edge will also provide a slight "U" that keeps the cable on the wheel.

        The Jul/Aug '97 Gazette article by Nyce used Brawa ore buckets that were on a different design. I
        believe they would work great with the Erector Set pully.

        Thanks again for the suggestion.

        Tom