Skip to search.

Re: [on3] Digest Number 1237

  • masonbogie
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002

      > Message: 7
      > Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:54:01 -0000
      > From: "azflyeron30" <azflyer2001@...>
      > Subject: San Jaun's C-16 kit
      >
      > I can't seem to find the brass 2-8-0 I have been looking for so I'm
      > considering the new San Jaun C-16 kit. Can anyone give me construction
      > informantion? How long did it take to build? How difficult is
      > it? I have never built a locomotive kit before and I'm not sure if a
      > $625.00 kit is the place to start.
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Travis Handschug

      Travis,
      My review of the kit will be in the March issue of MR (I got my advance copy
      yesterday) and Dave Adams reviewed it in the sept/oct Gazette. Short and
      sweet: If you've built reasonably complex plastic kits (whether planes,
      boats, or trains) you should be able to build this kit and it produces a
      beautiful, well-running engine.
      George Sebastian-Coleman