58431Re: [on3] Re: FROM THE MODERATOR: Good business practices

  • Clint Watkins
    Apr 9, 2014
                         Just Remember as the hobby gets smaller in numbers every day so does On3 product. Everyone is Looking for product. No one is ever making any C&S engines and Rail Cars are limited .
                     Where is the ready to run C&S Reefers at, Let me know.I have not seen any
       " On3 " and " NO I do not want to Build it as everyone sells there Kits because Life is too short to build all that which you Hoarded .

       It gets limited where you can find it
       That is the Truth as it is .
      So letting the Group know Items are For Sale is needed at I see there is not that many postings  " For Sale " .
                                If it goes on Ebay it is a Good bet it will go out of the Country and never come back to the USA
      You Lose  end of story
                                 The Queen Mary Show which was Large Scale Only Show is now all Scales and the Demographics posted on there Web Page are 55 years old and up .
      That is very BAD.
      I owned a Coffee shop and the Stats were 18-32 years old as they spend most money on frivolous stuff not 55 yrs old and up. Se' la Gere' .

      Thanks and have a Great Day,
      Clint Watkins
      Email: acw345@...
      PH: 480-273-1803
      Phoenix, AZ.

      On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 6:10 PM, <gflores1099@...> wrote:

      JD & Others

      When it comes to EBay, the buyer has most of the Buying power, EBay will side with the "Buyer" over the "Seller" 99.9% of the time, even if it says no returns, it's the Sellers responsibility to make sure the description is correct. It's the hardest thing trying to decide if it's worth the hassle, and most of the time it's a one time deal and you'll never deal with that person again. Service is everything but most people don't even think about it, it's always price driven! Your allured by the price and availability .

      But don't be afraid or lazy to fight a bad deal!

      Now with that being said: I have a pet peeve, it's great that fellow members can buy and sell on this site, but it get's a little tiring that every day there's something for sale

      I just delete the emails, but It's nice to see conversations about On3 trains, or J.D.'s drop bottom gons, nice paint and weathering! How can we keep it to a minimum ? I say there should be a file section with for sale items, or only on Mondays is there a garage sale day

      Anyone else agree?

      thanks for listening

      Gil Flores

      Star Idaho