Anyone Creating an interesting project?

  • allanba
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5 7:27 AM
      Hello,

      I have not seen many postings recently. So I did want to hear if
      anyone here other than Beau has worked with the Excel enhancement for
      OMATRX?

      AB
    • Grace
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6 12:00 AM
        Dear AB

        I use Excel by itself quite a lot. So I tried the Excel enhancement when I upgraded OMatrix as the XL-link software came as complementary package.  Unfortunately I wasn't clever enough to use it so I gave up and then eventually uninstalled it.

        My usual way of working is to use Excel (and lately Access) to export a tab delimited txt file which I then operate on via OMatrix.

        Warwick
        -----
        I have not seen many postings recently. So I did want to hear if
        anyone here other than Beau has worked with the Excel enhancement for
        OMATRX?

        AB

      • Harmonic Software Inc.
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6 7:38 AM
          Message
          If you just need to read Excel data, (a .XLS file)  you might look at the xlread function in O-Matrix

          The XL-link enables a tight coupling of Excel and O-Matrix but it might be a bit cumbersome for just transferring data files.

          Beau

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6 8:51 AM
                    Hello,

              I worked with this extension. It works fine both fro Excel to Omatrix and form Omatrix to Excel. If you need further information let me know.

                    Pierre

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6 8:56 AM
                      Hi,

                If you want i can try to help you since i use it myself. If you wish so it would be good if you have icq on your machine because i doubt i can write a straightforward guide to such operations.

                      Pierre