Olivia on 40m?

  • vk2tmg
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
      Hi All,

      I am new here - most of my experience up until now has been with PSK31
      on 20, 40 and 80m. Is there any active Olivia frequencies on 40m? I
      have had good dx with PSK31 on 40m and would like to try out Olivia
      and MFSK16. The VK band plan says 7030 - 7040, and I can operate
      usually 900z - 1300z. 20m is normally closed by the time I can get
      into the shack.

      73 es tnx de Brett VK2TMG
    • expeditionradio
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hi Brett,

        I am usually active on the weekends, but this weekend I will not be
        available for an Olivia sked, since I will be HF Pedestrian Mobile,
        hiking on a mountain top, without my laptop computer.

        You should easily be able to work the many North American stations on
        7MHz Olivia if you post a night schedule on this group. Also, Graham
        VK6RO is set up for Olivia, so if you post a request on the HFNOW
        group, he will probably respond to it. I worked him a few weeks ago on
        18MHz.

        Olivia 500/16. Center 750Hz audio.
        Dial Frequency USB
        7025.5 kHz Japan
        7037.5 kHz Region 1 and Region 3
        7038.5 kHz Region 1 and Region 3

        You will find a complete list of all Olivia frequencies and an
        explanation of how to set up your system for optimum results, at the
        following website:
        http://www.hflink.com/olivia/

        20 metres is the most active band for Olivia. One can often make
        excellent QSOs with QRP when no signals are heard or seen on the air.
        If you tune precisely to one of the common frequencies, you may be
        very surprised to see a QSO printing on your screen.

        73---Bonnie VR2/KQ6XA

        --- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, "vk2tmg" <breree@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I am new here - most of my experience up until now has been with PSK31
        > on 20, 40 and 80m. Is there any active Olivia frequencies on 40m? I
        > have had good dx with PSK31 on 40m and would like to try out Olivia
        > and MFSK16. The VK band plan says 7030 - 7040, and I can operate
        > usually 900z - 1300z. 20m is normally closed by the time I can get
        > into the shack.
        >
        > 73 es tnx de Brett VK2TMG

      • thierry alves
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
          Hello Chris,
          thanks for the time spend on monitoring my beacon. But I had to stop it,
          because some local ham's didn't like this kind of experiments.

          Anyway, thanks, from Thierry, F4EOB.

          Windows Live Messenger sur i-modeĀ™ : dialoguez avec vos amis depuis votre
          mobile comme sur PC ! http://mobile.live.fr/messenger/bouygues/
        • W4LDE-Ron
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
            Brett,

            Look around 7072 - 75 for Olivia signals, most run the 16/500 or 8/500,
            very few 32/1000
            Lots of guys listen, few call CQ so jump in and make a few CQ's in the
            evening.

            Ron W4LDE

            expeditionradio wrote:

            >Hi Brett,
            >
            >I am usually active on the weekends, but this weekend I will not be
            >available for an Olivia sked, since I will be HF Pedestrian Mobile,
            >hiking on a mountain top, without my laptop computer.
            >
            >You should easily be able to work the many North American stations on
            >7MHz Olivia if you post a night schedule on this group. Also, Graham
            >VK6RO is set up for Olivia, so if you post a request on the HFNOW
            >group, he will probably respond to it. I worked him a few weeks ago on
            >18MHz.
            >
            >Olivia 500/16. Center 750Hz audio.
            >Dial Frequency USB
            >7025.5 kHz Japan
            >7037.5 kHz Region 1 and Region 3
            >7038.5 kHz Region 1 and Region 3
            >
            >You will find a complete list of all Olivia frequencies and an
            >explanation of how to set up your system for optimum results, at the
            >following website:
            >http://www.hflink.com/olivia/
            >
            >20 metres is the most active band for Olivia. One can often make
            >excellent QSOs with QRP when no signals are heard or seen on the air.
            >If you tune precisely to one of the common frequencies, you may be
            >very surprised to see a QSO printing on your screen.
            >
            >73---Bonnie VR2/KQ6XA
            >
            >--- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, "vk2tmg" <breree@...> wrote:
            >

            >>Hi All,
            >>
            >>I am new here - most of my experience up until now has been with PSK31
            >>on 20, 40 and 80m. Is there any active Olivia frequencies on 40m? I
            >>have had good dx with PSK31 on 40m and would like to try out Olivia
            >>and MFSK16. The VK band plan says 7030 - 7040, and I can operate
            >>usually 900z - 1300z. 20m is normally closed by the time I can get
            >>into the shack.
            >>
            >>73 es tnx de Brett VK2TMG
            >>

            >--
            >CQ Frequency Olivia 500/16 = 14076.4kHz (center)

            >.
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Brett Owen Rees VK2TMG
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
              Thanks Bonnie,

              If I use a dial frequency of 14074.6 and an Olivia centre frequency of 1800Hz does that put me in the correct place? My radio has only 100 Hz dial resolution so I just have to hope that I am in the correct place hi hi. 14076.4 seems to be the primary frequency for Olivia on 20m? I have left my radio on RX there.

              Good luck with your portable set-up.

              73 de Brett VK2TMG

              Sell Online

              Yahoo! makes it

              easy to start

              selling online.

              Y! GeoCities

              Be Vocal

              Publish your opi-

              nions with a blog.

              Yahoo! Groups

              Start a group

              in 3 easy steps.

              Connect with others.

              .

              --
              ===============
              Brett Rees VK2TMG

            • Brad
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006

                The problem here Ron, is that 7070 and 7075 are probably the most active 40m phone and mobile frequencies in the country. Our best chance is after sunset when 40m activity drops locally and then try to work into the USA

                Brad. VK2QQ

                href="http://hflink.com/olivia/">http://hflink. com/olivia/
                href="mailto:oliviadata-nomail%40yahoogroups.com">oliviadata-nomail@ yahoogroups. com
                >--

                >.
                >

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

              • W4LDE-Ron
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
                  Brad,

                  I'll start listening more to the lower frequencies, I usual work
                  stateside up the band and DX down the band.

                  Didn't know that there's much Olivia activity down band 7035! Will
                  listen more. Thanks for the input.

                  Ron W4LDE