Re: [olivia] Re: US FCC releases order including limiting J2D emissions over 500H

  • Bob Lewis (AA4PB)
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 19, 2006
      Actually, the U.S.A. is one of the FEW countries left who subdivide by mode and content rather than bandwidth. The FCC actually proposed using bandwidth some years ago but backed off because of the outrage expressed by many U.S. hams.  The ARRL has proposed it again, but again there are a lot of negative comments. Sometimes I think we are our own worst enemy. You have to remember that the majority use only traditional SSB and CW on the HF bands and are not inclined to support anything else.

    • Chris Edwards, AE4XO
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
        Can  some help explain to me what freq I am actually supposed to out into my radio on 40 meters for Olivia. I guess I am not getting it

        chris

      • Andrew O'Brien
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 12, 2006
          Andy K3UK