Police Lady

  • Karl F. Larsen
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2006
          I wrote to this list today that I was interfered with by a pactor-pest. He was not there but after my first cq he was there trying to connect to ME. Later I got this email:

          Hello, I'm calling CQ with Olivia on 14.1085 radio frequency and
      > drove off the automatic pactor station. I'm back on after a few days.
      >
      > Karl

      And you are proud that you are jamming another ham?

      Bonnie KQ6XA

      	It appears she doesn't understand that often the non-hams on boats try to connect to a MT63 or Olivia signal they hear loud. Bonnie hides out somewhere there is a expeditionradio. She is not on the air much and has little to do or she would have not bothered to write.

      	I made several nice QSO's which were interfered with by pactor-pests but Olivia goes right on as though they are not there.

      73 Karl

    • Andrew O'Brien
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2006
        Karl,
        It has not easy to understand what you meant in this message, but my
        guess is that you are very wrong.
        Are you suggesting that non-hams on boats use the amateur radio
        frequencies to try and send email? I doubt that this is the case.

        Is it KQ6XA that you are refewrring to when you say "She is not on
        the air much " ?. If so, you are very wrong. My log has many contacts
        with her and this past weekend I saw here dignital signal and several
        bands throughot the weekend.

        Andy