Re: [olivia] Wow! Print fine but cannot hear or see the signal.

  • John Becker
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12 7:15 PM
      Could this be a reason why there are *so many* complaints
      of QRM from other mode operators.

    • w4lde@cfl.rr.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 14 9:53 AM
        Bonnie,

        Us Old time users of Olivia have been preaching this for the past year,
        it is one amazing mode, what till there's some qrm and you still print
        100% through it, It is also great during heavy QRN condx. Glade your
        having fun.

        Ron W4LDE

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 14 10:18 AM
          On 4/14/06, w4lde@... <w4lde@...> wrote:
          > Bonnie,
          >
          > Us Old time users of Olivia have been preaching this for the past year,
          > it is one amazing mode, what till there's some qrm and you still print
          > 100% through it, It is also great during heavy QRN condx.

          Ron , I was so amazed last week, I took a screen capture of the heavy
          PACTOR QRM that Olivia punched through. Alas, the capture did not
          work and I missed a great chance to show folks how amazing Olivia can
          be.
        • W4LDE-Ron
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 14 2:01 PM
            Andy,

            Olivia is the best mode for low power and bad condx, slower than most
            others but it gets through, DominoEX looks very interesting, wish there
            was more 250 wide Olivia sigs which would slow up the speed but increase
            the space for more QSO's

            I'm sure we will have a digital one of these days. HELL is gaining in
            use and thats great to see. The HELLFM mode is also amazing.

            Ron W4LDE

            Andrew O'Brien wrote:

            > On 4/14/06, w4lde@... <w4lde@...> wrote:
            > > Bonnie,
            > >
            > > Us Old time users of Olivia have been preaching this for the past year,
            > > it is one amazing mode, what till there's some qrm and you still print
            > > 100% through it, It is also great during heavy QRN condx.
            >
            > Ron , I was so amazed last week, I took a screen capture of the heavy
            > PACTOR QRM that Olivia punched through. Alas, the capture did not
            > work and I missed a great chance to show folks how amazing Olivia can
            > be.

          • aisea6
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 17 2:02 AM
              I also worked two stations 0n 20 meters one from Ireland and the
              other from Poland and could hardly tell the difference between the
              band noise and the signal.
              I din't even hear the tones. I was using 1000hz wide and 32 tones
              amazing. Perhaps i was lucky as i suspect i had a better noise level
              than the two EU stations. I was pushing 30 watts to a 3 element beam
              facing North and MixW 2.16.

              Wow that's real DX,

              Aisea
              3D2AA

              -- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, W4LDE-Ron <w4lde@...> wrote:

              > Andy,
              >
              > Olivia is the best mode for low power and bad condx, slower than
              most
              > others but it gets through, DominoEX looks very interesting, wish
              there
              > was more 250 wide Olivia sigs which would slow up the speed but
              increase
              > the space for more QSO's
              >
              > I'm sure we will have a digital one of these days. HELL is
              gaining in
              > use and thats great to see. The HELLFM mode is also amazing.
              >
              > Ron W4LDE
              >

              > Andrew O'Brien wrote:
              >
              > > On 4/14/06, w4lde@... <w4lde@...> wrote:
              > > > Bonnie,
              > > >
              > > > Us Old time users of Olivia have been preaching this for the
              past year,
              > > > it is one amazing mode, what till there's some qrm and you
              still print
              > > > 100% through it, It is also great during heavy QRN condx.
              > >
              > > Ron , I was so amazed last week, I took a screen capture of the
              heavy
              > > PACTOR QRM that Olivia punched through. Alas, the capture did
              not
              > > work and I missed a great chance to show folks how amazing
              Olivia can
              > > be.

              subject=Unsubscribe>

              of

              -------

            • aisea6
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 17 2:04 AM
                I also worked two stations 0n 20 meters one from Ireland and the
                other from Poland and could hardly tell the difference between the
                band noise and the signal.
                I din't even hear the tones. I was using 1000hz wide and 32 tones
                amazing. Perhaps i was lucky as i suspect i had a better noise level
                than the two EU stations. I was pushing 30 watts to a 3 element beam
                facing North and MixW 2.16.

                Wow that's real DX,

                Aisea
                3D2AA

                -- In oliviadata@yahoogroups.com, W4LDE-Ron <w4lde@...> wrote:

                > Andy,
                >
                > Olivia is the best mode for low power and bad condx, slower than
                most
                > others but it gets through, DominoEX looks very interesting, wish
                there
                > was more 250 wide Olivia sigs which would slow up the speed but
                increase
                > the space for more QSO's
                >
                > I'm sure we will have a digital one of these days. HELL is
                gaining in
                > use and thats great to see. The HELLFM mode is also amazing.
                >
                > Ron W4LDE
                >

                > Andrew O'Brien wrote:
                >
                > > On 4/14/06, w4lde@... <w4lde@...> wrote:
                > > > Bonnie,
                > > >
                > > > Us Old time users of Olivia have been preaching this for the
                past year,
                > > > it is one amazing mode, what till there's some qrm and you
                still print
                > > > 100% through it, It is also great during heavy QRN condx.
                > >
                > > Ron , I was so amazed last week, I took a screen capture of the
                heavy
                > > PACTOR QRM that Olivia punched through. Alas, the capture did
                not
                > > work and I missed a great chance to show folks how amazing
                Olivia can
                > > be.

                subject=Unsubscribe>