Re: [olivia] Olivia Frequency - Format - Website http://hflink.com/olivia/

  • John Becker
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 19, 2006
      There is Bob,

      WinLink 2000 TelPac

      Its a telnet service of WinLink

      At 09:30 AM 3/19/06, you wrote in part:
      >Hi Karl
      >
      >I assume the expensive TNC was for using Pactor III?
      >
      >I was under the impression that Winlink and friends was a network layer
      >that sat above any kind of transport protocol/modulation method..
      >
      >If not would you please enlighten me?
      >
      >Cheers Bob W5/VK2YQA
    • Bob3 Bob3
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19, 2006
        Okay tnxs for that.

        Is Pactor III actually that robust? I note on the Winlink website the
        development going on with (SCAMP)ARQ'ing and setting up a messaging
        protocol to use on top of Wyman/RDFT. I have also seen a ARQ add-on/mail
        protocol for PSK63 that runs under Linux and a modified GMFSK. I guess
        what mode you use depends on band conditions etc.

        Have you tried perchance to run the Airmail s/w in wine? Dont know how
        it would interface to the DSP engine but if its TCP/IP or a pseudo tty
        it may just work..

        Cheers Bob