Indicated frequency confusion

  • Rem Roberti
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2006
      Yesterday I used Olivia for the first time, and I love it. BUT, I am
      thoroughly confused about something---understanding the frequency
      display. For example, today I was listening to a QSO, and the
      indicated frequency on my MixW frequency readout was about 14.108.5.
      Fine. But the frequency readout on my IC718(USB of course) was
      14.107.05. What am I missing here? Shouldn't there only be 1000Hz
      difference betweeen the two? I can change all of that my going into
      the MixW mode settings and manually set the TX and TX start frequency
      to 516Hz. Then I get exactly 1000Hz difference. I am very concerned
      about this because given the "channelized" nature of the mode I want
      to know that if I decide to call CQ that I would be doing so on the
      correct frequency.

      Thanks in advance for the help.

      Rem
      WA6CJK